CAD Technician | Civil Engineering Department
The successful candidate will serve as an entry level (1-3 years’ experience) CAD Technician for the Civil Engineering Department in the Mount Pleasant SW+ office. Under supervision candidate will be expected to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. Must be willing to learn, take direction, and work within in a team environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- preparation of plans for residential, commercial, retail, and office buildings
- layout water & sewer utilities plans
- preparation of site plans
- complete grading plans
- preparation of preliminary plats
- perform quantity take-offs and construction cost estimates
Responsibilities will expand as experience is gained.
- Strong AutoCAD and Civil 3D skills preferably in Civil Engineering field
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (MS Word, Excel)
- A strong desire for continuous professional and personal development and improvement
- Ability to work independently in a team environment and to effectively manage time
- Willingness, ability, and commitment to meet task deadlines
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- High School Diploma or Equivalency; A.S. Degree in Civil Engineering Technology preferred
- AutoCAD certification preferred but not required
- A valid driver’s license
SW+ compensation package includes a mix of employer and employee paid benefits including annual vacation, personal & sick leave, paid holidays, health, prescription & dental insurance, short & long term disability, employee life insurance, 401K with employer contribution, health savings account, flexible spending plan, low cost vision insurance, and group rate additional life, accident, and cancer insurance for employee, spouse, and family.
Job Type: Full-time