Serve as member of the Construction Administration Team to provide administrative and field support for site civil projects for Single Family and Multi-Family Residential Development, Commercial Development and Institutional Projects.
* Background in site work construction and/or on construction sites reviewing and observing the installation of erosion control measures, clearing and grading activities, installation of storm drainage networks, water systems and sanitary sewer systems, roadway construction, and understanding of steps necessary to facilitate construction closeout.
* Review, understand and interpret construction drawings, technical specifications, contract documents, etc. associated with land development activities.
* Ability to effectively communicate with members of the project team such as engineers, planners, contractors, governmental officials and the Client.
* Schedule and conduct pre-construction meetings including preparation of meeting minutes.
* Perform SWPPP Inspections as may be needed to assist CA Team including preparation of reports and as applicable photo journals for distribution to Project Team.
* Observe the progress and quality of work being performed under the contract documents or as specified by client in order to be knowledgeable of the contract requirements and overall status of construction activities ongoing at the project.
* Respond promptly to questions or requests for information concerning the project.
* Organize progress meetings, prepare meeting minutes and status reports, review shop drawings, as-builts and plats, think analytically toward resolutions of conflicts encountered in the field, schedule inspections and testing with local governmental agencies, and other administrative tasks as necessary to maintain a record of construction activities pertaining to the project.
* One (1) year experience in Construction Administration or Related Field is required.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering is a plus.
* Local Agency Knowledge is an advantage.
* Valid Driver’s License.
* Computer Skills – Proficiency with Microsoft Office and ability to utilize AutoCAD.
* CEPSCI Certification or Ability to become CEPSCI Certified within 6 Months of Hire.
The SW+ compensation package includes a mix of employer and employee paid benefits including annual vacation & sick leave, paid holidays, health, prescription & dental insurance, employee life insurance, 401k with employer contribution, low cost vision insurance, and group rate additional life, cancer, critical illness, and accident insurance for employee, spouse, and family.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Please review our website (www.SeamonWhiteside.com) and Facebook pages for company background and details on our projects. SW+ is a tobacco-free workplace.